"Speak to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual song, singing and making melody with your heart to the Lord."
The OLMC Music Ministry helps to provide quality music to lead the congregation in a deeper level of worship. We aspire to create a positive, uplifting environment centered on Christ, fervent in the Holy Spirit, and rooted in prayer.
Expectations for Music Ministers
Our Music Ministry maintains a friendly environment of committed team players, devoted to our call to be instruments of God's praise and to lead others to a more intimate encounter with the Lord.
To serve God and our parish to the best of our abilities, we have outlined expectations in for Music Ministers. These expectations take into account the role we have in creating an environment of worship that draws people into the presence of Christ, and focus on the following key areas:
- Spiritual Maturity / Character
- Servant Orientation
To learn more about expectations in these areas, please access our Music Ministry Expectations here.
Each weekend our Music Ministers support the following:
- 5:00pm Saturday Vigil Mass – organ, piano, cantors
- 7:00am Sunday Mass – cantor and piano
- 9:00am Sunday Mass – full band and worship team
- 11:00am Sunday Mass – full band and worship team
- 5:00pm Sunday Mass – full band and worship team
If you are interested in serving in this ministry, please complete the following steps:
- Review our Music Ministry Expectations above, including the information in the linked document.
- Prayerfully consider whether you are willing and able to meet the outlined expectations if you are selected to serve in this ministry.
- Contact our Music Director, Dan Ballinger, to set up an audition (firstname.lastname@example.org).